Shakespeare is committed to protecting and enhancing the environment. We work with our supply chain to reduce operational energy consumption, pollution prevention and recycling are fundamental objectives of the company's annual environmental targets and objectives.
Our Environmental Policy is supported by our environmental procedures and systems. As stated in our Environmental Policy, we aim to reduce to a minimum unnecessary materials, resources and energy consumption.
We also seek to ensure that the products we supply, from raw material to packing and wooden pallets, use recycled material. We have dedicated equipment that processes our used poly-patterns, as shown, for efficient disposal and/or recycling, in a manner which safeguards the environment and the health and safety of all concerned.
Our 2021/22 Environmental Objectives are;
- Work with Suppliers who are committed to sustainable and environmental practices.
- Invest in energy saving devices for our offices and reduce peak-time energy consumption by 5% compared to last year (on a like for like basis).
- Invest in water saving devices and use harvested recycled water wherever possible in our operations to target reducing water consumption by 5% over last year whilst simultaneously increasing production and operations.
- Ensure all scrap metal is correctly segregated and, wherever possible, recycled.
- Install dedicated plastic, paper and aluminium can bins for waste segregation in our offices.
The Directors of Shakespeare Cast Products review their Environmental policy each year as part of the companies QHSE annual review. This helps to ensure our Environmental strategy remains current and applicable to our business and operations of today.
A copy of Shakespeares latest Environmental Policy statement can be downloaded here